About Global Recycling Day 2020
On Wednesday 18th March we at Water-to-Go will be taking part in Global Recycling Day, helping raise awareness around the importance of recycling and changing attitudes towards the waste we produce. Set up by the Global Recycling Foundation, the day was first created in 2018 in order to help recognize the important role recycling plays in preserving our precious natural resources and ensuring the future of our planet. It is a day for the world to come together and put the planet first.
Global Recycling day has two primary missions set out by the Global Recycling Foundation:
1. To tell world leaders that recycling is simply too important not to be a global issue and that a common, joined-up approach to recycling is urgently needed.
2. To ask people across the planet to think resource, not waste, when it comes to the goods around us – until this happens, we simply won’t award recycled goods the true value and repurpose they deserve.
This year, Global Recycling Day is promoting the theme of #RecyclingHeroes.
This initiative recognises people places and activities that showcase how recycling contributes to an environmentally stable planet and a greener future for all. #RecyclingHeroes is championing young people, cities and anyone who is supporting innovative recycling practices and habits from all over the world. Find out more about what #RecyclingHeroes is all about by clicking here.
Water-to-Go on Global Recycling Day
On Global Recycling Day 2020, we are encouraging all our customers to recycle their Water-to-Go filters and/ or old products. All Water-to-Go products are 100% recyclable, so there’s no reason for any of your filters or bottles to end up in landfill or polluting our oceans. We’re also encouraging everyone to avoid single-use plastic bottles adding unnecessary waste to the world’s growing plastic pollution problem, especially avoiding single-use plastic bottles that are non-recyclable or have a non-recyclable film sleeve. We encourage everyone to get themselves a reusable water bottle, to avoid plastic waste caused by single-use plastic water bottles.
Water-to-Go’s unique 3-in-1 filtration technology is able to filter out up to 99.9999% of harmful contaminants from any on-salt water source, meaning you can get access to clean safe drinking water wherever you are in the world. This also means that there is no situation in which you will be forced to revert to environmentally disastrous single-use plastic water bottles.
Recycling your Water-to-Go Filters
Recycling your old Water-to-Go filters is an easy task that can make a big difference. In order to do so follow the steps below:
- Apply pressure to the filter to snap off the protective outer shell.
- Using a pair of standard scissors, cut the filter membrane out from the two plastic ends.
- Place the filter membrane on your compost heap or in the food waste as this part is biodegradable.
- Your remaining plastic elements can now be recycled!
We’ve also made a short instructional video for you to see how you can recycle your filter with ease: